Sommellerie training will allow you to develop your theoretical and practical knowledge with regard to wine serving and wine sales. You will expand your experience in finding different approaches to wine tasting and will further your food and wine pairing knowledge, through adapting it to each guest. Your main purpose: optimize your guest’s dining experience by suggesting the most suitable wine.
- Understand the social impact of the food experience
- Locate the different grape varieties and their characteristics
- Determine the various wine-producing techniques (both from winegrowing and cultural standpoints) and their impact on the end product
- Sort the categories of spirits according to their crafting conditions
- Develop skills in the sensory analysis of wine, and select wine producers and wine references to better meet the market needs
- Ensure a sound maintenance of professional areas
- Communicate effectively with clients and with your coworkers
- Read thoroughly your sales material and their content
- Establish a sales strategy pertaining to your wine and spirits selection while respecting the diversity of cultures
- Describe a wine according to the elaborate approach of wine tasting
- Develop food and drink pairings adapted to your guests’ profiles
- Master the techniques of serving other spirits and drinks
- Develop professional credibility and efficiency(professional wine-producing knowledge, gastronomic background, professional practice centered around excellence, make professional visits, have a diversified PAP experience, undertake an operational internship)
- Make sure facilities, furniture and equipment are duly maintained
- Provide your workplace and department with material and products
This certificate course is open to 18-year-old applicants and above wishing to further their experience and expand their skill set, or those shifting to another area of expertise and who do not have a standard academic background. If you wish to apply for this programme, kindly create an online profile, upload your CV, cover letter, and a copy of your ID card. An interview with our academic board will be scheduled after we process your file.
Cost: 15,000 euros
Sommelier in a luxury establishment.