Through this Cuisine course, the apprentice deepens his theoretical knowledge and practical skills in French cuisine. He learns how to interact efficiently with the other members of the kitchen team and in the dining room, learning to use adequate professional communication and to manage smartly his time and energy. He shares his culinary skills with passion and generosity and displays creativity and boldness in enhancing the French culinary heritage.
- Learn the culinary basics (shaping, filleting, doneness, seasoning, gravies, fillings, classic garnishes, soups, savory and sweet pasta, appetizers, meat, fish)
- Make classic recipes and their side recipes
- Identify the quality criteria in food items
- Master the preliminary preparations (Cleaning, carving and servings)
- Define the roles and positions in the kitchen depending on the type of the food unit
- Distinguish hierarchical relationships from functional relationships
- Categorize professional tools and premises
- Identify equipment and learn how to use it
- Identify and respect in-season products
- Develop professional credibility and efficiency (professional gastronomic culture, professional practices of excellence, professional visits, PAP Diversified ecosystem, optional operational internship).
- Organize your workday (define roles and work stations, make sure facilities, furniture, and equipment are duly maintained, provide your department with equipment and products, comply with health and safety standards).
- The fundamentals of shaping in French cuisine
- Eggs, doneness and egg-based sauces.
- Differentiate the different types and breeding seasons of fish – filleting, preparing, and cooking.
- Crustaceans, shellfish, and mollusks; Differentiate the different types and breeding seasons, shellfish, mollusks – filleting, preparing, and cooking.
- Meat (poultry, beef, lamb, veal, offal); Recognize and determine their different cuts, learn how to prepare them, and master their doneness.
- Soups and creamy soups; Classics of French cuisine.
- The taste and the plating of French cuisine classics.
- Presentation of the student’s recipe (region, country) according to the techniques learned.
- Sauces and side dishes; Meat and fish.
- Desserts; Initiation if possible.
- Introduction to baking
- Fresh pasta and dumplings; Preparation and cooking of different pasta and dumplings: their standard fillings and sauces.
- Doughs; Puff pastry, shortcrust pastry, sweet dough.
- French seasonable products
- Vegetables; Recognize vegetables, shape them, cook French recipes. Respect the different seasons.
This certificate course is open to 18-year-old applicants and above wishing to further their experience and expand their skill set, or those shifting to another area of expertise and who do not have a standard academic background. If you wish to apply for this programme, kindly create an online profile, upload your CV, cover letter, and a copy of your ID card. An interview with our academic board will be scheduled after we process your file.
Cost: 15000 euros*
Finance facility/ Possibility of scholarship.
* Admission fees, knife kit, and uniforms included.
Possibility to progress within the kitchen team as a commis